Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2002:
[gopher] Re: Gopher wishlist

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher wishlist
From: Robert Hahn <rhahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:38:48 -0500

I have not tried out that particular download; I guess I was awaiting
some sort of announcement containing gopher 3.0.3 or some explicit
notification that Mac OS X support was working. oops. :)

At any rate, I'm on Mac OS X, not FreeBSD. I tried the patches that
were posted by Kris on January 26, which fixed many of the problems
related to malloc.h and other header files, but it still died in the
same spot you pointed out in the email posted on Jan 27 where it died
compiling (imho) Regex.h (included by GSgopherobj.c) because config.h
and regex.h was "nested too deep".

I don't know how to fix things like that, and it sounded to me like
you were able to get the resources to try and fix it, so I left you
alone.  If you do want help, I would be pleased to offer what little
aid I can.  I was thinking of emailing that error to Apple and seeing
what they make of it.  They have, I believe, lines of communication
open to talk about just these kinds of issues.

see ya,
-rh

--
---