Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Differences Using "civserver" VS "civserver -r civ1.serv"

To: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Differences Using "civserver" VS "civserver -r civ1.serv"
From: Ed Earl Ross <edearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 20:38:28 -0500

Although, usr/local/share/freciv/ exists on my system. There was no
/usr/local/share/freeciv/data/. Moreover, copying data/civ1/*.rulesets
to /usr/local/share/freeciv did not make civserver -r civ1.serv work
correctly. Perhaps security is not correct. I'll investigate.

My only remaining question is the following: Obviously, "civserver" and
"civserver -r civ1.serv" use different rulesets--why?

The description of the -r option does not