Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Differences Using "civserver" VS "civserver -r civ1.serv"

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Differences Using "civserver" VS "civserver -r civ1.serv"
From: Ed Earl Ross <edearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:49:54 -0500

Aparently, "civserver" and "civserver -r civ1.serv" use different
rulesets--why?
The Freeciv manual states the following:
        -r filename or --read filename

Specifies a file of server commands which the server will automatically
read and process, as if you had typed them in at the server's prompt.
The distribution has an example that sets options to be similar to
Civilization I, which the option -r /usr/local/share/freeciv/civ1.serv
would read.

I found /usr/local/share/freeciv/civ1/*.ruleset files, but no
data/civ1/*.ruleset.

When "civserver -r civ1.serv starts, it tells me the following:
Ruleset directory set to "civ1"

I tried the following:
        /home/edearl/civ1/*.ruleset
        /home/edearl/data/civ1/*.ruleset
        /home/edearl/.freeciv/civ1/*.ruleset
        /home/edearl/.freeciv/data/civ1/*.ruleset
        /home/edearl/.freeciv/server/civ1/*.ruleset
        /home/edearl/.freeciv/server/data/civ1/*.ruleset
None worked.

Where should the rule sets be?