Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2004:
[Freeciv] Differences Using "civserver" VS "civserver -r civ1.serv"

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Differences Using "civserver" VS "civserver -r civ1.serv"
From: Ed Earl Ross <edearl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:11:53 -0500

No help from the archives, but it's impractical to read all.

When I run the following command:
        > civserver
After building the first city, the view size is described by the
following matrix:
         xxx
        xxxxx
        xxxxx
        xxxxx
         xxx
However, when I run the following command:
        > civserver -r civ1.serv
After building the first city, the view size is illustrated by the
following matrix:
        xxx
        xxx
        xxx
I've looked through the server settings, but cannot find any that
indicates it would change the initial view size.

Moreover, I used XEmacs to compare the show values of both "civserver"
and "civserver -r civ2.serv," but the few differences, such as "seed"
and "randseed" do not appear to have any control over the initial view
size.

In addition, there are several other differences:
* Fewer civilization names (e.g., Cornish, Dunedian, and Scottish).
* Militia instead of Warriors.
* No Coinage on the initial "Production" tab "Source Tasks."
* Horses instead of whales.

Is it possible to use a civ1.server and get the same game as without?