Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Dirigible

To: "Arturo Espinosa-Aldama" <arturoea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: tarini@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Dirigible
From: kilobug@xxxxxxxxxxx (Gaël Le Mignot)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:46:07 +0200

Hello Arturo!

Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:02:10 -0500, you wrote:

 > An archer attacking and destroying a dirigible sounds hiloudricous,
 > maybe  we could give the  dirigible some good  defense points? That
 > would  be another plus  and would reflect  the fact that it  is not
 > that easy to hit something  that is three hundred meters above you,
 > even  if it is  as big  as a dirigible  (a matter of  distance, not
 >  size) --  specially when  the only  thing you  have at  hand  is a
 > spear. Then  if you get to destroy the  dirigible with you phalanx,
 > well, it would turn out Achilles DID exist!

Well,  you  already  can  detroy  a  bomber or  a  fighter  with  some
phalanx...  Put  a fortified phalanx in  a fort on a  mountain, and if
someone attacks  you with a fighter,  the fight will lose,  and even a
bomber will be damaged.

--
Gael Le Mignot "Kilobug" - kilobug@xxxxxxxxx - http://kilobug.free.fr
GSM         : 06.71.47.18.22 (in France)   ICQ UIN   : 7299959

Member of HurdFr: http://hurdfr.org - The GNU Hurd: http://hurd.gnu.org