Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2003:
[Freeciv] the 'new' city dialog": open discussion

To: Freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] the 'new' city dialog": open discussion
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:46:41 -0600

I'm wondering if we did a disservice to freeciv by creating the new city
dialog (the one with with multiple tabs in a notebook).

I've found that I never open up multiple city dialog windows (on purpose).

I've found that I've had to switch back and forth multiple times from
overview to production when creating a worklist.

In general I've found that the old dialog was more efficient to use.

What are other people's opinion's of this? You might want to compile
the XAW client and take a look if you don't remember the old dialog.

I've been thinking that perhaps it might be better to open new subdialog
windows for production or CMA or happiness from  buttons on the main dialog,
and these will remain open and display other city's info as you click on
other cities... (maybe an option for either the old behavior: new child
subdialogs for each city dialog open, or new behavior, subdialogs are
children of the toplevel window and display info (CMA, production, etc) for
the active city dialog window)

Did we take a step backward with the new dialog? Everyone's input,
especially non-developers, is welcome.

-mike