Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2003:
[Freeciv] Long Turn Freeciv.

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Long Turn Freeciv.
From: Bill Landis <blandis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 05:40:48 -0500 (EST)

In checking the archives and the web forum I found some dicussion of Long
Turn (maybe a couple turns a day) Freeciv some months ago, but couldn't
find any current info.  Does anyone try to play it that way these days, or
is anyone considering and/or working on altering things to make it more
reasonable to do so?

For me most games (especially the interesting ones) take too long to be
comfortably playable in one sitting.

I also come from playing email Diplomacy and a web based game called
Stellar Crisis ( http://sc-room.stellar-crisis.net/SC.main.shtml ) that
are both usually played as "dailies" (1 turn a day or sometimes 1 a week
or whatever) with only occasional "blitz" (updates every few
minutes) games.

If anyone wants to suggest any other interesting games that are played
both ways I might be interested (I've also played Axis and Allies by email
in a similar fasion or in chat rooms for a "blitz" verison).