Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Sneak Endyear on Pubserver.

To: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Bill Landis <blandis@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Sneak Endyear on Pubserver.
From: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:23:30 -0800

Hi!

You are right that this is one of the nasty cheats now a player can do
in the pubserver. There were some discussion about it also i think more
times. Last time around september as i remember. I think then we ended
up in a vote system (or a cmd level?). I'm not sure anyway if there's a
patch. I hope we'll have one before we lose more players from the
pubserver because of this...We definitelly need to do something againts
this kind of behaviour as this ruins the game. It's nonsense that the
developers works hard for making a good game (just look at the topics of
the last months, delta patch, win32 version, ai enhanements, warclient
migration, etc) and some unfair people ruins the reputation of the
pubserver and make people turn away from it. If we don't get a solution
soon i'm willing to write a "hall of shame" or similar webpage when in
this case the other players can report it (player name and ip and number
of the game). Of course it mainly makes sense when we'll have auth and
generally accpeted rules for the pubserver (eg in this case the players
should get back the points and the cheater would lose 200 pts or  so).=20

Anyway "organizing an ally from the remaining players againts the
strongest" is also a thing which can be frustrating for the player in a
long term if it happens to him frequently :) But this isn't a cheat at
least. And as i haven't got negative opinion or concrete suggest for the
new ranking which (among other fixes) tries to solve this (i mean the
gangbangs), i've started to upload it to pubserver and think will start
it (parallell to the existing to test it untill we have real auth at
least on some ports) soon (in a week or so, just first i have a deadline
in my work and have to finish that first).

bye, hirisov

2003-11-26, sze keltez=E9ssel 16:41-kor Ilkka Lehtoranta ezt =EDrta: