Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: summary of ranking problems/questions

To: Mark Metson <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: summary of ranking problems/questions
From: Horn Gábor <Horn.Gabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:21:19 +0200

Hi!

There's a solution for this problem in clanbase rankin system (it's a
huge online ranking system in various games for clanes). Not sure if
it's what we exactly need, but might be a good place to take ideas from:

"
- The ladder leader does not have a rating, but is considered to have an
infinite rating instead. Top 5 clans can take the top spot by
challenging the current ladder leader (such challenges can not be
refused) and beating them in a direct confrontation. If that happens
they become the new ladder leader while the old leader gets their old
rating. the challenger loses or plays a draw, nothing changes.=20

- Clans outside the top 5 can also challenge the ladder leader, but such
challenges can be declined freely. If the ladder leader is beaten then
they're switched with the second ranked clan while the challenger gains
120 points. If the ladder leader wins, nothing changes.
"

The full rule description to their system:

http://www.clanbase.com/ladderrules.php?lid=3D962

bye, hirisov

2003-10-22, sze keltez=E9ssel 04:08-kor Mark Metson ezt =EDrta:
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
>=20
> > Problem: Best way to reach the top is to only fight weaker players.
> >=20
> > This is not the kind of behaviour we want to encourage. I do not know=
 ELO,