Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: default production

To: rms@xxxxxxx
Cc: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: default production
From: Adam Czachorowski <gislan@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:41:47 +0200

Pami=EAtnego dnia Mon, 08 Sep 2003 12:10:04 -0400 Richard Stallman
<rms@xxxxxxx> napisa=B3(a):

> Except early in the game, I usually send a defensive unit (built in a
> city with a barracks) along with the settlers.  It is safer, and seems
> more efficient, so that the new city can use its limited production to
> start building the improvements it needs to have.  Is that not the
> best strategy?

IMHO best strategy is to keep diplomat in every city (so the enemy thinks
that your cities are protected) and build few phalanx which will defend
your borders. This phalanx should move from city to city, so the other
players could see them (and be afraid of your army). Building phalanx in
all cities it's IMHO just waste of production.

Regards
Adam
--=20
(o-  Adam 'Gislan' Czachorowski / gislan (at) o2.pl  -o)
//\       JID: gislan@xxxxxxxxxx / GG: 1435567       /\\
V_/_      <-- May the swirl be with you... -->      _\_V