Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: default production

To: Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: default production
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 09:32:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Richard Stallman wrote:
> The default production in a new city is a combat unit. Does anyone
> ever want to do that after the first few cities? I never do,
> which makes this default rather unhelpful.

Before I get contact with any other civilization, I usually always build
settlers first, and the first combat unit is an annoyance, but once I
border a hostile civ, building a defensive unit is first on the list of
priorities.

Maybe the first build code should take this into consideration, and
suggest settlers instead of defender when you have both enough food and
contact with no hostile civs?

  - Per