Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Cities with no settlers/engineers

To: Thomas Strub <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Cities with no settlers/engineers
From: Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:56:19 -0400

    > More generally, it might be nice to be able to enter a list of
    > improvements and units that every city "ought" to have.  Then if a
    > city is building coinage and is missing any of the improvements and
    > units in that list, the Messages window would include a message about
    > the city, "City FOO is building coinage and missing X, Y and Z".
    > These messages could be grouped all together, just before the "may
    > grow" messages.

    Nearly possible to do that with worklists.

Worklists are too inflexible--they specify a particular order for
building things.  What I would like is simply to find out which
cities lack this or that.

The F1 -> Select feature, which I did not know about before, does the
job somewhat, but not perfectly.  If it had a way to select cities
that have X, Y and Z, then I could do so and invert the selection and
get the list I want.  If I could also do boolean operations, and
select based on what is currently being built, that would get all the
way there.

It would be nice to have a feature to specify a selection criterion
and then say "notify me each turn about cities that meet this
criterion."