Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: September 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Cities with no settlers/engineers

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: rms@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Cities with no settlers/engineers
From: John Wheeler <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:09:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> More generally, it might be nice to be able to enter
> a list of
> improvements and units that every city "ought" to
> have.

According to
http://www.freeciv.org/manual/game-14.html there are
specially named worklists "buildfirst" and "citypref"
which are supposed to accomplish this, but I can't get
them to work (in CVS); was this lost from 1.8.0?

> Then if a
> city is building coinage and is missing any of the
> improvements and
> units in that list, the Messages window would
> include a message about
> the city, "City FOO is building coinage and missing
> X, Y and Z".
> These messages could be grouped all together, just
> before the "may
> grow" messages.

I just created ticket #5777 (
http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=5777 )
about building Coinage when other things are available
in the worklist.  I think fixing this would make the
above message moot.

++JohnWheeler

P.S., Rich, you've got a lot of great ideas, I suggest
getting a login for RT.freeciv.org so you can submit
them as tickets.