Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Auto CMDLevel

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Auto CMDLevel
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:08:07 +0200

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 09:40:27PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 04:21:27PM -0700, Jeff Dickman wrote:
> > I want to run a civserver, that will auto cmdlevel certain peopl when
> > they connect, thus not having to grant shell access to the people that
> > want to play.
> >
> > Does this feature exist.
>
> no, it doesn't.

Well ...

You can have cmdlevel granted to the first person to connect,
using the 'cmdlevel first' syntax.  Quoting from the command line:

For introductory help, type 'help'.
> help cmdlevel
Command: cmdlevel  -  Query or set command access level access.
Synopsis: cmdlevel
          cmdlevel <level>
          cmdlevel <level> new
          cmdlevel <level> first
          cmdlevel <level> <connection-name>
Level: hack
[...]

If that person disconnects, someone else can grab control
with the 'firstlevel' command.

I'm not too happy with the user interface, but it works.

--
Reinier