Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2003:
[Freeciv] Mercenaries (and few questions)

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Mercenaries (and few questions)
From: Adam Czachorowski <gislan@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:10:20 +0200

Hi

I've seen few great animations at freeciv.org. When civclient is going to
make use of them?

Some time ago there was a poll at freeciv.org about ASCII client of
freeciv. Will someone do this (ASCII client is IMHO great idea)? :D

What about AI diplomacy under win32? I've got few friends who are using
Windows and would like to see and test AI diplomacy. Are there any cvs
snapshoths for win32?

When the 1.15 version is going to be released (I know it's hard question,
but will it happen in next 2 month, or maybe much later?)?

And my new idea for Freeciv (should I send it to Desing Board?):
Mercenaries! If city has tavern (new building) you can buy units without
stoping construction in this city. Also price should be lower. Upkeep of
these units shouldn't cost food or shields, but gold and should depend on
unit type. Of course there should be also limit of such units, i.e: each
nation can recruit only 3 or 5 units per week. This idea will make gold
more important and will provide good defence from the sneak attack. What
do you think about it?

Regards
Adam
--
(o_  Adam 'Gislan' Czachorowski / gislan (at) o2.pl  _o)
//\       JID: gislan@xxxxxxxxxx / GG: 1435567       /\\