Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Auto CMDLevel

To: Jeff Dickman <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Auto CMDLevel
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 21:40:27 -0500

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 04:21:27PM -0700, Jeff Dickman wrote:
> I want to run a civserver, that will auto cmdlevel certain peopl when
> they connect, thus not having to grant shell access to the people that
> want to play.
>
> Does this feature exist.

no, it doesn't. The only way to do this that I'm aware of would be to
use CVS, enable authentication via ./autogen.sh --enable-auth _and_ write a
patch for server/userdb.c to save cmdlevel information in the database and
server/connecthand.c to use that information to set cmdlevel when the user
connects. If you have the skills to do this or can convince someone else to
do so, I will review the patch.

Note that CVS now has firstlevel as ctrl so the first user to login can
control the game (although not save games). This really should be
sufficient.

perhaps the cmdlevel command should be modified to elevate others to your
level but not above...

-mike