Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: autodiplomats

To: ggracian@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: autodiplomats
From: keikoz <keikoz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:26:14 +0200

ggracian@xxxxxxx wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:14:53 +0200 (CEST)
> Andreas R=F8sdal <andrearo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I think that the autodiplomat feature of the
>>warclient gives people an unfair advantage
>>=20
>>=20
>

> Hello,=20
>
> I think you're not the only one to think that. :-)
>
> G. Gracian

Another possible solution could be to integrate all features of the
warclient in the next release of freeciv, simply just avoiding the
autodip feature, since the features of the warclient are realy useful
for everybody, and used by just some players, everybody would have the
same client like that.
Anyway a lot of people having the warclient dont use the autodip, since
they know it's not really fair, unless they are under strongly attack.

The problem of autodip and easiness of briebing cities are 2 different
problem... making the cities-buying harder will not really resolv the
problem of autodip, and should be considerate as a specific problem,
about general rules of the game i think...

keikoz...