Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: March 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: play by email version

To: John Allman <allmanj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: play by email version
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 15:12:13 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 01:49:40PM +0000, John Allman wrote:
> Yep. That's really it. The question is, how interested are people in
> implementing such a dramatic change? It means a lot of thought and
> possibly changing the nature of the beast a bit. The upside is less
> contention problems and so more fairness and of course paving the way
> for pbem and other variants:)

Changing the code so that no server connection is required is a major
task which I think will change the game. It would be insane code-wise
to support both models IMHO. IMHO this will only be done if a _big_
amount of people want this. And there is the drawback of less/no
interaction. People like this. In short very low chances IMHO.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Q:  Do you know what the death rate around here is?