Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2002:
[Freeciv] rfc: autoattack

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] rfc: autoattack
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:39:16 +0000 (GMT)

Since my suggestion of dropping the autoattack code didn't meet with
approval, I want to change it so that it actually works and is useful.

So my new suggestion is:
For any unit that is moved, check adjacent squares for autoattack units.
For each of these, if the moved unit is hostile (at war) and weaker,
attack it. If the autoattack unit is a diplomat/spy, instead try bribing
the moved unit, and if that is impossible, try sabotage.

This should at least make autoattack useful. The question is: Too useful?

  - Per