Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: How to load a saved game & set home directory?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to load a saved game & set home directory?
From: "Vibhu Rishi" <vibhu.rishi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:18:37 +0530

hi
you are right . if you try to create a .file from the explorer it will crib. Just do it from the command prompt. Also, if you are using cygwin, it is better to do all this through the cygwin shell.

I do not think that it is a NTFS/FAT32 issue.

vibhu..

Jack Lloyd wrote:

Hrm... I see you are using NTFS... perhaps this is a FAT/FAT32 issue only?
I'll check when I get home tonight and see if that makes a difference.

Oh, it occurs to me that I was trying to create/manipulate the file inside
Explorer. So maybe Explorer just adds extra checks on filenames?

No problem with Win2000 and .filenames...

M:\text>echo test > .test

M:\text>dir .test
 Volume in drive M is 290399ntfs
 Volume Serial Number is 886E-60C2

 Directory of M:\text

06.08.2001  17:47                    7 .test
               1 File(s)              7 bytes
               0 Dir(s)   1 137 127 424 bytes free

M:\text>