Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: August 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: How to load a saved game & set home directory?

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: How to load a saved game & set home directory?
From: "MD. Nurul Abser Siddique" <tuhin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 10:56:44 +0600

At 03:12 PM 8/4/2001 +0200, you wrote:
On Saturday 04 August 2001 14:56, MD. Nurul Abser Siddique wrote:
> > > be available by the game menu. Hope you will implement it in the
> > > future version. If I run client, it says can't find home
> > > directory, home is not set. What is home directory & how to set
> > > it?
> >
> >http://www.freeciv.org/faq/#QA10
>
> Thanks for answering, but it didn't help :-(. Here is what I did:-
> I opened civserver & then dos prompt, went to d:\games\freeciv (where
> the game is located), typed in dos prompt "set home=d:\games\freeciv"

"HOME", not "home".

It doesn't fix :-(. It says(as earlier): Could not open file "D:\games\freeciv/ .civclientrc". The FAQ says it is harmless & the file will be created to store client options, but it doesn't. I tried to create a blank file with that name, Windows ME says "You must type a file name". I think windows don't allow file name with (.) fullstop at the beginning, so civclient can't save the client options/settings & HOME was not set properly.
Bye
Tuhin.