Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Many Nations World

Cc: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Many Nations World
From: Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:29:26 -0500 (EST)

La 2001-02-11, Miguel Farah F. skribis:

> Excuse me if I sound like a total ignorant, but... this means that each
> r__sx and r__sy is tied to a specific country? I could have sworn those
> starting positions were simply chosen at random.

For the earth map, the first 14 nations are already tied to a specific
location. I don't know exactly how the other locations are determined, but
they seem to be choosing from that list (so if you are the Dunedain or
Cornish, you might start where the English should, I think). They
certainly aren't random, I have _never_ shown up on Australia, or on any
of the tiny islands (eg Japan). Now it is possible to do so, if desired.