Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2001:
[Freeciv] Re: Many Nations World

To: cameron@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Many Nations World
From: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 16:04:05 -0300 (CLST)

Cameron Morland dijo/said:

>I modified the low resolution earth map to have the starting positions of
>the first 41 nations, up to the Kenyans. After that the program complains
>about "unused entries" and ignores the positions. So now it is possible to
>play as any of those nations and start in the appropriate place.
>
>No starting locations overlap (eg the Roman "Rome" is different from the
>Italian "Rome"), but many are beside each other (eg the Welsh, Scottish,
>and English are all crammed on 5 tiles).

Excuse me if I sound like a total ignorant, but... this means that each
r__sx and r__sy is tied to a specific country? I could have sworn those
starting positions were simply chosen at random.

If so, how do I make Freeciv set up a nation so that it will start at a
random position?

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   miguel@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.nn.cl/~miguel