Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: December 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: Some questions

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Some questions
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:34:43 -0500

Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I dislike it as well.  And not just because I don't use it well, but
because it goes against the spirit of the game.  Why do we have all
these city improvements if they aren't used.  They are currently just
mirages for newbies to be led off track.  I would really like them
to be a part of the game.

My sentiment exactly. What disturbed me the most are the staunch defenders of this strategy that I met in the server. I am worried that people would come to accept that this is the only way the game could and should be played, while in fact it is anything but. It's great to see there are people who share my point of view. I am feeling much better now. :-)

Mike