Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Loading question

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Loading question
From: "Daniel and Joanna Hart" <danjohart@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 20:43:49 +0200

Freeciv Team,
    I have loaded freeciv for my Windows 98 computer.  I can enter as a client and play on my server.  I save games, but I cannot restart them.  My civclient window will not allow me to type anything, so I cannot type ": -name Dan".  It says "1: Could not find home directory (HOME is not set)."  When I type " : -f civgamexxxx.sav"  the civserver replies "OK. Standard Style set" but I do not think that it is actually loading my saved game.  Any suggestions?  How do I set my home directory?

Dan