Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: it's like a screenplay

Subject: [Freeciv] Re: it's like a screenplay
From: "SamBC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 17:28:13 +0100

I will repeat, as I said previously:

"... But if you see the movie an make one strikingly similar, yet different
in key ways, I might be miffed, but fair dos anyway. Especially if your
similar version brought something new to the film."

That is the flaw of your Screenplay argument. How many
sci-fi-save-the-galaxy movies are there out there, and does George Lucas (or
possibly other writers) sue every screenwriter?? No.

SamBC