Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: software license violation

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: software license violation
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:58:43 -0300

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 04:22:13AM -0700, Brandon Van Every wrote:

> Clearly, Freeciv is a derivative work.

Clearly, you don't know much about copyright law and should
shut up. A derivative work uses parts of the "parent" work; as
Freeciv doesn't use Civ code, it's not a derivative work.

EOT.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar