Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: A question about... FreeCiv - of course :-)

To: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mariusz Lesniczuk <ma_les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: A question about... FreeCiv - of course :-)
From: Arkadiusz Danilecki <szopen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:13:34 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Tobias Brox wrote:

[cut - answer for M.Lesniczuk problems]
> You might want to test if the Polish translation works out
> well, if I've understood it right, it should be possible to write
> something like
>
> export LANG=pl
>
> before starting freeciv, and all the text should be displayed in Polish.

correction : Mariusz,
polish translation works great, but you should set it like that:

export LANG=PL_pl

don't ask me why PL_pl not just plain pl. Put it in
your .bashrc or /etc/profile. Remember this variable must be set before
you start freeciv via civserver and civclient. Good luck, and if you have
further questions send them to szopen@xxxxxx (i don't guarantee i can
answer them though :-> )

A.D.Danilecki "szopen"