Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2000:
[Freeciv] Re: A question about... FreeCiv - of course :-)

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: A question about... FreeCiv - of course :-)
From: Donnie Custer <dcuster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:05:12 -0500 (EST)

On 10 Feb, Mariusz Lesniczuk wrote:

>       Dear FreeCiv players.
>
> I use RedHat 6.1.
> I have a file freeciv-1.8.1.tgz.
> While working with Midnight Commander I coppied everything from
> this file to my "\" directory (with the same directories structure).
> I started X-windows (Gnome)
> I started civserver.
> I started civclient. And here is the problem. I always receive a notice:
> "usr/local/bin .\civclient: can't load library 'libintl.so.1'"
> What is wrong? I don't have this file (libintl.so.1) on my HDD. Where
> should I get it from?
> Can you help me somehow?
>
> Mariusz
>
> --
>    Mariusz Lesniczuk,
> <ma_les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Actually, my suggestion would be to remove that 1.8.1 stuff from your
system, and go the the freeciv site (www.freeciv.org), and download the
RPM's for freeciv-1.9.0...  That way, when you install it, you will
know what packages, if any, you also need.  I'm running 1.9 now, with
RedHat 6.1, and everything runs great!!!