Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 2000:
[Freeciv] fundamentalism; peace between nations

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv users), Masheikh@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] fundamentalism; peace between nations
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 21:33:01 +0100

A slight addition ...

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 08:56:41AM -0500, Jeff Mallatt wrote:
> At 1994/01/07 07:36 , Masheikh wrote:
>>(1) is there a special reason why my so loved FUNDAMENTALISM is not
>>avaible in freeciv, isnt it ?
>
> There is no special reason.  Simply, no one has implemented it, yet.

Not that I've ever used it, but there is Fundamentalism
in the 'civ2' ruleset.  See

  http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-199907/msg00033.html

and further.  Issue '/set gov civ2' to try it out.

The original Freeciv developers omitted some Civ II features
on purpose; they considered them too powerful.  See

  http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-199901/msg00131.html

for Greg Wooledge's explanation.  I think this is why the
default ruleset still doesn't include them.

>>(2) why is there allways war between all civs?

Peace is not yet implemented.  Between human players, this isn't much
of a problem, except that republic and democracy become too powerful
because there is no Senate to overrule aggressive behaviour.

>>what about alliances and
>>peace treaties? what about the great fun of attacking ones allied in a act
>>of breaking such a pact !
>>maybe i didn't find the option for diplomaty yet. i hope so. ;-)

Find some human opponents and try diplomatic actions between
humans - it's fun and quite useful.  You can even trade cities.
But the AI doesn't understand diplomacy.

--
Reinier Post