Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] You don't need the metaserver to start the game.

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] You don't need the metaserver to start the game.
From: Kmicic <kmicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:59:48 -0500

Did you notice in your preferences file you're setting the researchspeed
twice? Also if I am not mistaken, 50 is a turtle-paced research. 4 should
give you the fastest....

Speaking of changes in freeciv, I'd only like to see one thing... someone
add 3 zero's to those headcount demographics figures, and I'll be happy.
Maybe one more thing. I noticed most multi games I played practically ended
after the inroduction of ironclad. What if it was possible to start with
many select modern day technologies (and i mean _select_ not the random ones
provided by techlevel)? I think that could give new wind to the freeciv
gaming community. I dont really want to see any of the changes suggested so
far, because making things more complicated does not always add to the
enjoyment of the game. Freeciv is pretty complex as it is, IMO.

- Kmicic