Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 1999:
Re: [freeciv] Modpacks?

To: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [freeciv] Modpacks?
From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 06:13:44 -0500

Nicolas Brunel wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

> > and I notice that the
> > "rules" files have been broken out of the source code as separate
> > configuration files,
> If you havent done it, read README.rulesets in your freeciv dir.

OK, thanks for the tip.

> > so I was thinking about making an Ancients
> > "modpack", to cover the period from the neolithic to the end of the
> > pre-gunpowder period.
> That's an idea. Do you intend to make also a new tiles set ?

Not right away.  I'm just going to try to get the rulesets working right,
and if I'm happy with the results I might try to do something with the
graphics.  Or maybe I can get someone else interested...

> > Before I jump in too far, I was wondering whether anyone else has tried
> > making any modpacks yet, and if so whether they were available for
> > downloading.
> There is only one.
> It's in freeciv/data/civ1.
> It's a ruleset which allows to play with civ1 rules.
>
> Except for that, you're the first one who wants to deeply change freeciv
> rules. Try and say us what are the results.

OK, I'll let you know what kind of problems I encounter.  Also, if I get it
halfway working to please myself, I try to set it up for people to
download.  (But it may take a while -- I'm a bit behind in my schoolwork.)

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas