Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 1999:
Re: [freeciv] Modpacks?

To: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [freeciv] Modpacks?
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 03:15:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Bobby D. Bryant wrote:

> I downloaded the GTK+ version of 1.8.1pre2,
Please Vasco call the GTK+ version 1.8.0pre3.
Otherwise, people will ask where version 1.8.1pre2 is hinding.
 and I notice that the
> "rules" files have been broken out of the source code as separate
> configuration files,
If you havent done it, read README.rulesets in your freeciv dir.
> so I was thinking about making an Ancients
> "modpack", to cover the period from the neolithic to the end of the
> pre-gunpowder period.
That's an idea. Do you intend to make also a new tiles set ?

> Before I jump in too far, I was wondering whether anyone else has tried
> making any modpacks yet, and if so whether they were available for
> downloading.
There is only one.
It's in freeciv/data/civ1.
It's a ruleset which allows to play with civ1 rules.

Except for that, you're the first one who wants to deeply change freeciv
rules. Try and say us what are the results.