Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
RE: [Freeciv] freeciv

To: "'Lindqvist Marko'" <caz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'Edh Andersson'" <edh.andersson@xxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Freeciv] freeciv
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:57:36 -0500

It's not difficult at all.

Just download Cygwin.

Grab the precompiled X11R6.4 libs from Sergey or Andy Piper
and then follow Michael Hirmke's excellent instructions
(ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Hirmke_Mic
hael/GNUWin32.txt).

This all worked with two minor changes in 1.7.1 which I ran for a while.

I've had to make more changes for the current CVS unfortunately (which I'll
document when I
get a chance to clean up the changes).

>  It's probably easier to run client at some other machine and only use
> windows machine as display, if one have such an possibility.

Of course, that's easier.  But it's a bit limiting to be unable to hack on
the source and
try it out.  :-)