Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] freeciv

To: Edh Andersson <edh.andersson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] freeciv
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:33:02 -0600

Hello,

There is an ongoing project to make a Java-based civclient which would work
on those machines.   However, the Java porting project seems to not have
enough manpower at the moment to make much progress, so it's effectively
stalled.  (Note: anyone that would like to help is invited to join the
freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx list; write me if you need instructions.)

Other than that, I have heard it rumored that using certain Windows-based X
servers, compilers, and tools, that it is possible to compile civclient for
Windows to use a Windows X server, but I would suspect such a solution is
rather difficult.

Why not give them Linux?

John