Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] freeciv

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Edh Andersson <edh.andersson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] freeciv
From: Lindqvist Marko <caz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:47:06 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, John Goerzen wrote:

> Other than that, I have heard it rumored that using certain Windows-based X
> servers, compilers, and tools, that it is possible to compile civclient for
> Windows to use a Windows X server, but I would suspect such a solution is
> rather difficult.

 It's probably easier to run client at some other machine and only use
windows machine as display, if one have such an possibility.

> > HElllo!
> >
> > I'm a Amiga owner and I think that FreeCiv is really great. But, I have a
> > problem. most of my friends are using those win95/98 machines. And I wonder
> > if there are any versions for those machines?

 As soon as my amiga gets some more memory I will demonstrate freeciv to
win98 user by running server and two clients at my amiga. Display for
another client is at localhost (amiga) for myself and another at
some.ip.address for win98 user.

 Caz