Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Caravan Problem?

To: Todd Goodman <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Caravan Problem?
From: Scott Wegener <wegster@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 16:13:25 -0500

Todd Goodman wrote:

> Don't select the city for the goto.  Stop the caravan one square outside
> the city.  Then when you manually move it into the city it should ask
> you if you want to help build the wonder or establish a trade route
> (if the city is building a wonder or meets the rules for a trade
> route).
>
> Todd

Thanks to Todd and David for the answer, that was driving me nuts, not
to mention making me lose BADLY(well, at least contributing to it!)..for
another newbie question.:(  The only way I've seen to get untits to
attack other units is to use Goto, and then clear the Goto flag.  I know
how pitiful these 2 questions probably are, but I have RTFM/docs..Is
there a way to just attack but NOT move/try to move into a square?
Example:  Units with move capability of 2+ or sitting on roads/railroads
blocking a pass, I don't want them to get out of position, but I DO want
them to attack anything that comes within range..