Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv] Just to start the game : happy end !!!

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Just to start the game : happy end !!!
From: "Martin Willemoes Hansen" <martin_w_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 22:23:22 -0000

Hi!

>First impressions : not very nice, but quite complete. May I ask some 'old'
>users their feelings after hours of game ?

Yeah the gfx aint something u would expect for a 1999
game ;) But they are quite well done anyway. There
will soon be a GTK clint and new tile sets etc .. so
the game will be much more beautiful and nice to look
at.

l8r on there might even be 3D gfx with mesa etc..

The best thing about Freeciv apose to other
civilization games, is the rules wich is better and
more complete. The interface, it is fast for network
play. Cool AI's wich give u a run for the money!

>Can I start a game and then switch back to AI ? Will I see the AI actions ?

Yes u sure can, btw it is a great way to learn how to
play and a few tricks too.

>Apart the homepage, where can I find informations about this great idea ?
>Maybe some developpement stuff ?

The mailinglists! The homepage will soon switch to
FWNG wich you can preview at ultraviolet.org/fwng!

>Thanks for the precious help, for Freeciv AND Linux.

Well the best platform deserves the best game ;)

Best regards

Martin Willemoes Hansen

E-Mail  martin_w_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC     Dr_nick | irc.stampede.org #stampede
ICQ     11597690

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums