Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv] Some remarks

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jari.Sulkimo@xxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv] Some remarks
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 13:00:50 +1100

David Pfitzner wrote:

> > I have a situation, where I'm trying to land troops from a transport:
> > C's are cities, L's for land, W water and T's the transport.
> >
> > WCLL
> > WLLL
> > WTLL
> > WWCL
> >
> > I'm not allowed to land troops "up" or "up right" which I think should
> > be possible? Similar situations appear also elsewhere when 2 cities are
> > close by, but should not be blocking movements.
> > Yup, the units have movements left...
>
> If those are enemy cities, then moving a land unit from the T square
> to any of the three adjacent L squares would be moving from a square
> adjacent to an enemy city/unit, to another such square, which is not
> allowed by Zone of Control rules.  (With exceptions.)
>
> (Ignoring for now some unresolved issues about whether empty cities
> should count, and whether ZOC should apply when getting off boats.)

CivNet never prevented me from unloading next to an enemy city or
unit:

     .....L    ( . = water )
     ...TLL    ( T = transport )
     ..LExL    ( L = land )
     ..LLLL    ( E = enemy unit )
               ( x = where I want to go )

CivNet lets me unload from the transport T to x, even though if
the transport were on land, this would be prevented by ZOC because
I'd be "going across the face of" enemy unit E.

Just my two cents worth...

Regards,

Mitch.
--