Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 1998:
[Freeciv] Some remarks

To: freeciv <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Some remarks
From: Jari Sulkimo <Jari.Sulkimo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:48:33 +0100

Firstly thanks for the game, AI is getting good. I was still a bit
disappointed a month ago, but now with the CVS version from last week it
is challenging. I've played games against 14 hard AI players and have
found it very enjoyable and fairly difficult to beat.

Anyway, I have found a "feature" in the unit movement handling. I looked
into the code a bit, but haven't got time to deeply understand what goes
on in the zone of control bit. I've had the following problem:

I have a situation, where I'm trying to land troops from a transport:
C's are cities, L's for land, W water and T's the transport.

WCLL
WLLL
WTLL
WWCL

I'm not allowed to land troops "up" or "up right" which I think should
be possible? Similar situations appear also elsewhere when 2 cities are
close by, but should not be blocking movements.
Yup, the units have movements left...