Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: April 2002:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: Contribution on Java-freeciv

To: Ben Mazur <bmazur@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: Contribution on Java-freeciv
From: Leprince Olivier <leprinco@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:04:47 +0200 (CEST)

 --- Ben Mazur <bmazur@xxxxxxx> a écrit : > > Maybe
someone could checkin my development for me
> in
> > the CVS tree. The Zip file contains a diff file
> that
> > should be apply on the cvs tree released on
> 02/04/2002
> > and two new classes. Units may now move and the
> screen
> > is updated when so.
>
> I can't seem to get this to work.  I've applied the
> patch and inserted
> the new classes.  Everything compiles without error
> so I assume that
> I've applied everything correctly.

Thanks a lot...

> Whenever I click on a tile, intending to move a unit
> there, all I get
> is "Click 45,231" (for example) in the console.  If
> I set a unit on
> auto settle/explore, the screen does seem to be
> updating better.
>
> Any advice?

Correct as nothing is developped yet. I just created
the MapMouseListener to receive mouse event, but I
didn't code the action. I just write in the console
the mouse coordinates in the component coordinates
space. But I don't know yet how to convert them into
the map coordinate space.
Maybe it could be usefull to have a method somewhere
that do that transformation. We have in
AbstractMainView:
protected abstract boolean getCanvasPosition( int
map_x, int map_y, Point canvasPos );

Maybe it should be interested to add
protected abstract boolean getMapPosition( int
canvas_x, int canvas_y, Point mapPos );

and to move both these methods in MapView ?

Olivier