Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-java: March 2002:
[FreeCiv-Java] Re: JFreeciv experiences

To: Ben Mazur <bmazur@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-java@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FreeCiv-Java] Re: JFreeciv experiences
From: Ben Hutchison <ben_hutchison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 05:27:34 -0800 (PST)

--- Ben Mazur <bmazur@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > 2. The binary ran fine first time from windows explorer (jdk1.4,
> win98), and
> > connected ok to a civ 1.12 server. However, I saw some problems with
> graphics
> > that made the game unplayable:
> >   a) Cant access city screen at all
>
> As jfreeciv has yet to implement a way to track mouse clicks on the
> map, you can only access the city dialog from the "find city" dialog.
> Sort of silly.

Could be better.

Is what's needed is A) mouse click handler which can convert screen pixel
coordinates to a map tile coordinate, B) find city Y at tile X method, and C)
something to wire trigger an "open city Y" method somewhere?

If nobody is currently attemting this, Im willing to have a go and submit a
patch back to the list or maintainer.

If so, any advice on how to go about it, what in the code to look at, other
issues to consider, pitfalls, etc would be welcomed.

Ben