Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: October 2005:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Moving of source tree from CVS to Subversion

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Moving of source tree from CVS to Subversion
From: Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:37:44 +0100

On 10/12/05, Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do I need to use ssh access to check in my translations?

Sorry about that. :-(

I should have given better instructions in the e-mail I sent to the list.

Yes, you to use ssh access to have write permissions.

> How about security? Is it recommended to use my .ssh/id_dsa.pub
> key or can/should I use another (special) key for this?

Yes, to use ssh access, you need to generate a public key:
https://gna.org/account/editsshkeys.php

Your .ssh/id_dsa.pub key should do just great.

> How can I access different trunks or branches?
>
>   svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv/trunk freeciv
>
> worked, but

That works, but it provides read-only access. You should
be using:

$ svn co svn+ssh://chrisk@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/freeciv/trunk

That provides read and write access to the 'trunk'
(basically the 'trunk' is the same as 'CVS HEAD').

>   svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv/S2_0 stable20
>
> did not.

$ svn co svn+ssh://chrisk@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/freeciv/branches/S2_0 stable20

Should do the trick.

You can see an interactive web listing here:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv/

You also can use 'svn ls' to browse the tree like this:
$ svn ls svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv

I will post an e-mail to freeciv-i18n@ with this new information later.