Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: October 2005:
[freeciv-i18n] Freeciv project member instructions

To: developers@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Freeciv project member instructions
From: Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa <vasco.costa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 21:14:20 +0100

I should have provided better information on how to access the
Subversion (SVN) tree before. Here it is in a more complete form.

=3D=3D=3D SVN documentation

The documentation for SVN is at:
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Also, there is a quick CVS to SVN user guide here:
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/user/cvs-crossover-guide.html

=3D=3D=3D Freeciv SVN tree access

Our Gna! project page is at:
https://gna.org/projects/freeciv/

You can register an account here:
https://gna.org/account/register.php

After you confirm the registration and log in, it is possible to request
membership to the Freeciv project here:
https://gna.org/my/groups.php

See the "Request for Inclusion" box. The project name should be "Freeciv".

A developer will then approve your membership request.

Once you are a project member, you can get information on how to access the
tree at this page:
https://gna.org/svn/?group=3Dfreeciv

From that page, you want to follow the instructions at:
"Project Member SVN Access via SSH"

Otherwise you will not be able to write your changes to the SVN tree.

After you register your SSH key, it may take up to 1 hour for your SSH key
to be processed by Gna!

Then you can fetch a copy of the SVN tree.

Here is how a user named 'kermit' can fetch what we called 'HEAD':
$ svn co svn+ssh://kermit@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/freeciv/trunk freeciv

And this is how a user named 'kermit' can fetch what we called 'S2_0':
$ svn co svn+ssh://kermit@xxxxxxxxxxx/svn/freeciv/branches/S2_0 freeciv-2.0

You can see an interactive web listing of the tree here:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv/

You also can use 'svn ls' to browse the tree like this:
$ svn ls svn://svn.gna.org/svn/freeciv