Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: September 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Tips and uk.po commit (was Re: translations for 1.14.1)

To: roma@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Tips and uk.po commit (was Re: translations for 1.14.1)
From: "Duarte Loreto" <happyguy_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 00:05:39 +0100

   Hello!

I checked in your (Roman Festchook) uk.po file tonight. It contains 4 fuzzy
and 1 untranslated, due to changes made after your update.

By the way... For all translators. There is a handy msgfmt command I learned
recently and would like to share with you.
   msgfmt --check-accelerators=_ pt.po

This will tell you the msgid's that contain accelerator marks (_) on the
pt.po file and whose msgstr doesn't contain same amount of accelerator
chars.

An accelerator char is for ALT+<KEY> to use as shortcut. If the translation
does not contain a _ the translation user will not be able to use keyboard
shortcuts.

Hope this is of some use for any of you! Be happy!

Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto

"Don't worry, be happy!"