Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: September 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Files not included in POTFILES.in

To: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Files not included in POTFILES.in
From: "Duarte Loreto" <happyguy_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:15:45 +0100

   Hello!

First of all, I'm happy that the Ukranian file is OK :) Sorry for bringing
up the issue. IGNORE MY PREVIOUS MAIL :)

On another note... When doing GNOME translations, we use a tool called
intltool. This is a fine piece of software than can generate an updated po
file without doing ./configure. It has a lot of other functionalities. (get
it at ftp.gnome.org on the source dir, intltool package)

One of these is check for source code files that contain translatable
strings but aren't listed on POTFILES.in (as well as dead files there). When
I run intltool-update -m I get this information:

mismatched quotes at line 353 in ../intl/plural.c
The following files contain translations and are currently not in use.
Please
consider adding these to the POTFILES.in file, located in the po/ directory.

client/attribute.c
client/gui-stub/connectdlg.c
client/messagewin_common.c

If some of these files are left out on purpose then please add them to
POTFILES.skip instead of POTFILES.in. A file 'missing' containing this list
of left out files has been written in the current directory.

Any dev wants to look at these? If the files are added to POTFILES.in, could
the translators be noticed, as this might represent a string freeze
breakage?

Another thing... This might be some news to some translators... I only
recently found out about this and I think it is a great help. Using msgfmt
(I guess only 0.11.x upwards -> I'm using 0.12.1 for good UTF-8 handling)
you can get missing accelerators:
   msgfmt --check-accelerators=_ pt.po

It will tell me that I have one msgstr with more _ than the msgid. The most
common, though, is that the msgid has a _ and this one is missing on the
msgstr.

Hope this helps someone! Have fun!

Duarte "HappyGuy" Loreto

"Don't worry, be happy!"