Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-i18n: September 2003:
[freeciv-i18n] Re: Freeciv 1.14.1beta1 has been released.

To: "Duarte Loreto" <happyguy_pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-i18n@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-i18n] Re: Freeciv 1.14.1beta1 has been released.
From: Roman Festchook <roma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:02:28 +0300

On Friday 12 September 2003 15:48, you wrote:
>    Hello!
>
> A few time ago, a Ukranian translation was sent to the list. As noone w=
ould
> acknoledge it, I commited the file. The translator sent it as uk.po and=
Yes - its my translation - next week I plan to send updated po for 1.14.1=
beta1

> didn't remember to double-check if this was allright. After commiting (=
both
> HEAD and S1_14), people said that the file should be ua.po.
They wrong ('ua' - its Ukraine country code and 'uk' - its Ukrainian lang=
uage=20
code).
From ABOUT-NLS:
International.  You may reach your translation team at the address
`LL@xxxxxx', replacing LL by the two-letter ISO 639 code for your
language.  Language codes are *not* the same as the country codes given
in ISO 3166.
**************
See also http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/index.html.

> I now notice that not only the file is still uk.po, also the configure.=
in
> has the uk on ALL_LINGUAS. Could someone that has write access outside =
the
> po file fix this problem? Just copy the uk.po to ua.po, commit it, remo=
ve
> the uk.po and fix configure.in. On both HEAD and S1_14.
Dont do it!

> I would be deeply appreciated if someone would fix my mistake. Bet the
> ukranian players would be happy as well as all game would then be
> translated for them... :)
uk translation works good now without this fix:)

--=20
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer
RF2-UANIC FRA11-RIPE