Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: August 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: No Rapture - please explain

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: No Rapture - please explain
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:35:56 +0200

Hello,

Curtis Warren wrote on Aug 23, 13:03 (-0500):
> You need at least some surplus food to rapture. Currently you're at
> -9, which obviously won't work.

No, that's the govenor minimal surplus setting you're reflecting. The
city *can* produce food surplus. I've set this extreme setting for the
govenor to show that it is not possible to rapture - see the check box
crossed.

> Those dollar signs are the new
> graphics for tax collectors, which are automatically content.

Ah ok, that are the people that don't work land. If these are
automatically content, then I start with 2 unhappy, and I still don't
understand why all my buildings, wonders and luxury do not make them
dance on the table..

> The
> cause of the food shortage and tax collectors is that you've got _way_
> too many cities--after 13 or so happiness starts to go down, which
> with 90 extra cities is going to be very hard (or impossible) to get
> back up.

Yes, this is due to the number of cities I have. When I set my workers
manually, I can get food = 20 (+6), prod = 12 (+10), trade 21 (+7),
luxury 6, and still no rapture.

> I suggest you stick to 12 or so cities if you want to
> rapture...

Hhm.

Christian