Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16868) Bug Report and Feedback on Freeciv-gtk2-2.1.0-b

To: cp@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#16868) Bug Report and Feedback on Freeciv-gtk2-2.1.0-beta1 [WinXP]
From: "Daniel Markstedt" <markstedt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 05:11:30 -0700

> [chrisk - Sat May 06 15:36:15 2006]:
>
> cp@xxxxxxxxx wrote on May 06, 05:45 (-0700):
>
> > I miss the Tolkien peoples, especially the Mordors.
>
> They are copyrighted and have been removed.
>
> Christian

Not directly because of copyright in fact, but because of trademark
issues. There are currently a bunch of Middle Earth themed strategy
titles on the marked that could (by a far reach of course) be seen as
competing with Freeciv. We don't want to run into trouble with those
publishers.

You can if you want always add them back into you copy of the game. I'm
collecting fantasy nations for the 2.1 series in this ticket: http://
bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=14742

-Daniel