Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2006:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15843) Editor: Fix fortress, paint city

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#15843) Editor: Fix fortress, paint city
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:11:43 -0800

Per I. Mathisen wrote:

>>>BTW, I noticed that you no longer can paint specials underneath cities.
>>>Oops. My fault, I guess. I guess what happens when you click on a city
>>>should be dependent on which tool you have selected?
>>
>>The behavior when you click on a city and you have a point tool open is
>>that you should paint.This has nothing to do with which tool is selected.
>
> Which tool should be selected for opening cities, then?

You have to close the tools dialog before you can open a city, just like
you have to close it before you can select a unit.

This is, obviously, inferior.  The problem is the tools dialog uses the
main mouse button for painting which obviously has to override some
important commands.  One fix would be to change the tools dialog to
paint with a ctrl-click or something...though this has problems of its own.

-jason